Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ok, so I lose, Friday is out, Saturday is in...and Ohio thrift

So, I goofed again on Friday and forgot about posting, so I'm gonna do it right now. From now on, I would say that the last postings of the week will be on one of those days, so pay attention. Sorry for the mix up.

Today, I'm gonna cover Ohio Thrift, Inc. Ohio Thrift is a thrift store chain in the Columbus area. Altogether, Columbus has nine of these thrift stores throughout various locations in Ohio's capital.

Almost all of Ohio Thrift's I have been to have been solid thrift stores. They have good prices, often multiple check out lanes and solid selection. Their stores also tend to be on the larger side. Check this out, it's on their FAQ page.

"Where does Ohio Thrift get its merchandise?
Our company purchases its merchandise from numerous sources such as non-profit organizations, liquidators, importers and local manufacturers."

A thrift store without donation centers...that's something new. It's surprising what these random searches turn up.

If you're interested, I would encourage going next Wednesday to one of these things...they have a 1/2 sale the last Wednesday of every month. That's a surefire win in my mind.

It seems to me that almost all cities and towns have local chains of thrift stores. In Athens, where I'm from they have Re-Use which has three thrift stores in the surrounding areas. I've only been to one...maybe I'll visit the others next weekend...hmmmm. Why not?

Anyway, talk to y'all Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment